Grasse Institute of Perfumery : New Courses Offered

Rose_de_mai

The Grasse Institute of Perfumery established by the ASFO association is now offering courses for anyone who has an interest in understanding the creation process and learning more about perfumery. The training courses follow the seasonal cycle of the flowers, starting with the renowned rose de mai, Rosa Centifolia in May and continuing through to jasmine in early September. The first immersion course takes place during the months of July and August allowing students an “opportunity to spend one of two weeks gaining an insight into the fragrance creation. The Summer School immersion course allows students to trace the history of fragrance whilst they deepen their knowledge and understanding of the technical basics related to raw materials, creating their first floral accords (as jasmine and rose) or by studying famous perfume.” For more information, please contact gip@prodarom.fr (tel (33) 4 92 42 34 90 or visit the website. …

The ASFO association was created by the French National Association of Fragrance Manufacturers (PRODAROM), and the Institute was originally established to provide training for the professionals. It has recently expanded its curriculum to accomodate non-professionals passionate about perfumery.

• Archived under: News

• portlandia: Oh, bliss! I don’t have E10,500 to spend on the course, but oh my, that would be wonderful. May 24, 2006 at 1:22am Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: D, the cost is 1090 euros for 1 session and 1750 euros for 2 sessions. But yes, it sounds wonderful. May 24, 2006 at 1:30am Reply

• Rémy: In fact the one week course cost 1090 euros and the nine months one cost 11000 euros May 24, 2006 at 5:10am Reply

• Flora: Actualy tFragrance summer school contains of two sessions at one week each. If you want it all, the cost is 1740 euro plus travel fares, lodgings etc. But it’s probably worth every penny :-D May 24, 2006 at 8:45am Reply

• Dalphinus: I like to do a course in this school,is it possible ?because i am living in Dubai . June 14, 2014 at 11:49am Reply

• annE: I’m saving up my money starting right now! May 24, 2006 at 9:00am Reply

• cynthia: Thank you for posting. The course sounds amazing! I better start saving money. May 24, 2006 at 10:55am Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Rémy, thank you for clarifying. May 24, 2006 at 12:45pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Flora, yes, it seems that one can pick and choose whether one wants one sessions or two (one week each). May 24, 2006 at 12:46pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Ann, I hear you! :) May 24, 2006 at 12:47pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Cynthia, you are welcome. Summer in Grasse sounds my dream come true. May 24, 2006 at 12:48pm Reply

• Luccia: What a heavenly idea. Thanks for the information, I like you all have noted, will start saving up… May 25, 2006 at 3:28pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Luccia, yes, summer in Grasse must be heavenly. May 26, 2006 at 12:42am Reply

• kamal: Hi,
    i am a chemical engineer and i am interested in perfume manufacturing. if there is any course which can enhance my knowledge on this subject pls mail me with the details of the course(starting dates, fees and any other associated information)

Thanling u

kamal June 22, 2006 at 2:57am Reply

• Anonymous: Lech
    e! February 6, 2008 at 3:11am Reply

• Simone: I’m very much interested in learning to make perfume at Grasse. Do I have to know French to attend the classes? March 21, 2011 at 8:11pm Reply

• jabran sattar: My name is jabran sattar I am very much interested in perfumey and learning to make perfume I hope you spoat the perfume makeing and sume formula send my Email address jb_jb87@yahoo.com September 17, 2011 at 9:41am Reply

• samhitha.muralidharan@gmail.com: hey ! am doin my chemical engg. now and will graduate in may.. so wat is the best option for me ? January 2, 2012 at 11:25am Reply

• Tam in Scent Diary : Silk and Linen: Scent diary this weekend: the faintly dry, dusty and not as offensive as one might otherwise find it, synthetic vanilla car sachet in the newly purchased used car. New industrial… July 27, 2014 at 3:24pm

• Patricia in Scent Diary : Silk and Linen: When I got home from the barn today, the horse smell was overpowering, so I showered immediately and put on my new sample of Vero’s Rozy in edp. It is… July 27, 2014 at 1:31pm

• Kate in Scent Diary : Silk and Linen: Smells of today: tart pulpy plum smell (and taste) for breakfast; smell of the damp earth I buried the pits in because you never know. My neighbor’s shampoo / bodywash,… July 27, 2014 at 11:18am

• Austenfan in Scent Diary : Silk and Linen: I’ve been bending my back and sniffing my phloxes. The darker coloured ones definitely smell more spicy and less like hay. Apart from that my arms smell of geranium after… July 27, 2014 at 11:16am

© Copyright 2005-2014 Bois de Jasmin. All rights reserved.