Dianthus Etro and More on Paprika Brasil

Carnation1

Etro is introducing a new fragrance called Dianthus, the most interesting aspect of which is that it is the first feminine fragrance from the line that offers a wide range of shared perfumes. As cosmeticnews reports, “The name is the botanical term for carnation and refers to the predominant note in the spicy floral formula by Robertet.” Other notes include orange, geranium, rose, clove, ginger, red pepper, Atlas cedarwood, musk and vanilla (via press release). The launch of this floral blend is planned for October.

For those curious about the newest addition to Hermessence collection, Paprika Brasil (see more information here), the notes are as follows, red pimento, green sap, melange of spices, cloves, reseda, iris, and smoked woods (via Hermes press release).

• Archived under: News

• Ina: Oh my word! The notes sound shockingly irresistible! August 8, 2006 at 12:02pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: They certainly do! August 8, 2006 at 1:51pm Reply

• Laura: I do love the smell of real wild carnations, so this should be fun! Wonder how it will compare to the l’Artisan one? October seems an odd time for its launch. The Hermes one is on the To Try list, bien sur! August 8, 2006 at 3:30pm Reply

• chaya ruchama: How wonderful !

Dianthus sounds marvellous, and naturally, one cannot let a new Ellena go unsniffed-perish the thought…

Thanks for keeping us updated, as we salivate in anticipation! August 8, 2006 at 5:53pm Reply

• marchlion: Oh, goodness, that dianthus sounds lovely. I am always ready to fall for another carnation! August 8, 2006 at 6:21pm Reply

• Nina: I think I’m already in love with the new Hermessence. ‘Smoked woods’…swoon! August 9, 2006 at 5:09am Reply

• Judith: Paprika Brasil sounds to die for! And I love carnation; I hope this is a good one! August 9, 2006 at 8:46am Reply

• Victoria O: Sounds good, I’ve been on a carnation kick since I fell for Jar Golconda, which I can’t afford financially or mentally. So maybe …

I remember my grandmother calling some flower Dianthus, but it didn’t look like a carnation. I wish I could remember. August 9, 2006 at 4:51pm Reply

• k-amber: I can’t wait new Hermessence! Thank you for updated info.

Kaori August 10, 2006 at 7:10am Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Laura, I also love clove pinks, and I wonder what Etro shall do with this theme. August 11, 2006 at 1:58pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Chaya, I cannot wait to try them myself! August 11, 2006 at 1:59pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: March, I am looking forward to it too. August 11, 2006 at 2:00pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Nina, smoked woods seems to be the best part to me too! August 11, 2006 at 2:01pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Judith, it is certainly exciting to have many interesting releases to anticipate. August 11, 2006 at 2:06pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: V, did it look like a miniature carnation with five petals? August 11, 2006 at 2:07pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Kaori, my pleasure to share! August 11, 2006 at 2:07pm Reply

• Lily in Woods : Scents and Words: It’s funny, I thought when I was first exploring perfume that wood scents would be my wheelhouse. Instead, while I have a good many scents with a woody base, about… March 29, 2017 at 9:01am

• Lily in Woods : Scents and Words: Scented pencils?!!! That sounds awesome. I write longhand a fair bit these days just Bc I have a 3 year old and it’s easier to cart a spiral notebook around… March 29, 2017 at 8:49am

• kat in Woods : Scents and Words: I love Sandalwood in all variations but of course that goes without saying. I love wood scents and as soon as a perfume has the magic ‘bois’ in its name… March 29, 2017 at 8:44am

• Lydia in The Shifting Contexts of Perfume: I really like that description – “unmooring and comforting.” Discovering that your taste is more pliable than you thought does feel like that. Your observation about culture being passed on… March 29, 2017 at 12:44am

© Copyright 2005-2017 Bois de Jasmin. All rights reserved.