Perfume News: New Hermès Hermèssence Osmanthe Yunnan

Hermessence

Fifth Hermèssence called Osmanthe Yunnan will be joining the existing four fragrances. A fragrance created by Jean-Claude Ellena will be based on tea. Osmanthe Yunnan will be available at the NYC Hermès boutique at the end of October 2005.

• Archived under: News

• Robin: Best news I’ve had all year 🙂 September 16, 2005 at 9:16am Reply

• mreenymo: Okay…finally a fragrance to be excited about. :):)

I hope you have a restful weekend, darling.

Hugs! September 16, 2005 at 11:21am Reply

• Laura: OMG!!! Dare I hope?? Will it really be osmanthus??? Oh, I see— tea. Well, osmanthus tea (NST sent me some) is a lovely thing, but the osmanthus blossom is the most mysterious and elusive of scents and someday, before I leave this planet, I’d love to find a perf that gets it. September 16, 2005 at 8:19am Reply

• Marina: New Hermessence! Based on tea! *thud* September 16, 2005 at 8:51am Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: L, I love osmanthus oolong, and I wonder what this one will be like. Yunnan teas are dark and rich, known to be “coffees of teas,” but I suspect that this one is light. September 16, 2005 at 10:10am Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Great news indeed! September 16, 2005 at 10:10am Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Me too! I love osmanthus anything. September 16, 2005 at 10:11am Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: I agree! 🙂 Hope that you have a great weekend as well.
    xoxo September 16, 2005 at 11:58am Reply

• Tania: I am so stupidly excited. I love osmanthus tea, and I love Jean-Claude Elléna.

I hope they do a new travel set with all 5.

I was planning on buying the mixed set this weekend, but if they do a set with 5…now I have to think. I’m done with my Vetiver Tonka, the Ambre Narguile has grown on me, the Poivre Samarcande I decided was so weird and savory I had to have it even if I never wore it, and Rose Ikebana can tag along if it wants to.

Eek! I feel so cheered at the thought. Osmanthus tea by J-C E!

I
    [heart]
    J-C E September 16, 2005 at 1:49pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: They are not sure if they are planning to do a travel set with all 5 anytime soon. For now, it is going to be in a 100ml bottle. I love J-C Ellena’s work too, and this fragrance sounds like something I would like. Osmanthus and tea–can it really get any better? September 16, 2005 at 3:40pm Reply

• Sisonne: Dear V, that sounds worth trying, but I must admit that I don´t like all of Ellena´s creations, e.g. I don´t like the TDC fragrances that much, Rose Poivrée is pretty, but the others didn´t work for me at all. They are too strong for my liking. September 19, 2005 at 7:29am Reply

• Vincent V. in Reading Sa’di’s Gulistan: I love it, thanks for sharing this Victoria! Currently, I’m reading Du côté de chez Swann (Swann’s way) by M. Proust. It also makes me sit up and think every… October 4, 2022 at 3:14am

• Michele Davis in Reading Sa’di’s Gulistan: I’m reading Clive James Poetry Collection which you can find online using those words. I particularly love reading aloud “Language Lessons”. It’s not as floral or exquisite as Victoria’s regular… October 3, 2022 at 10:39pm

• Michele Davis in Reading Sa’di’s Gulistan: I agree!! October 3, 2022 at 10:32pm

• Fazal in Reading Sa’di’s Gulistan: This is awesome. I have often said that if ever a young person asked me for an advice, I will say this, “If there is only one advice I could… October 3, 2022 at 7:03pm