7th Annual Basenotes Awards : Winners

Awards_1

Basenotes has finally announced the winners of the 7th Annual Basenotes Awards. Bois de Jasmin has garnered a Silver Award in Best Perfume Blog category. Congratulations to Robin of Now Smell This for the Gold Award and Marina of Perfume-Smellin’ Things for the Bronze Award. They make the perfume blogging community an excellent place! I am also thrilled that my beloved house of Guerlain has won the Best House award.

The other Gold winners of the Basenotes Awards are:

• Best Mass Market (Men’s): Old Spice
• Best Niche (Women’s): Carnal Flower by Frédéric Malle
• Best Niche (Men’s): Bois de Portugal by Creed
• Best Celebrity Fragrance (Women’s): Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
• Best Celebrity Fragrance (Men’s): Cumming by Alan Cumming
• Best House: Guerlain

See Basenotes for more information.

• Archived under: News

• violetnoir: Oh wow! Robin won the Gold Award! Many congratulations to her.

And Guerlain…well, as much as I like to trash talk them, they really are amazing, aren’t they? I can’t wait for the release of their 2007 fragrances.

Hugs! And V…you are the best, too! February 20, 2007 at 12:26pm Reply

• violetnoir: Oh, and V, you are not only excellent…you are sneaky, too!

You won the silver award!

Big hugs and congratulations to you, too, darling! February 20, 2007 at 12:30pm Reply

• Madelyn E: Dear Victoria,
    I am so happy for you .. the Silver Medal for Best Fragrance Blog !
    A warm congratulations !!
    You deserve recognition.
    Your beautiful writing has certainly enriched my perspective on lie. love. perfume and food .
    Have a glass of Champagne , or vodka or whatever your favorite cocktail – We’ll all be toasting with you ! February 20, 2007 at 12:46pm Reply

• Elle: Congrats!!! 🙂 So very well deserved! February 20, 2007 at 12:48pm Reply

• ~vanilla girl~: congradulations Victoria! your blog has always been my favorite!
    You are a great writer!! 🙂 February 20, 2007 at 1:39pm Reply

• Robin: Congrats (again) V! Are you going to cook us all a celebratory meal?? February 20, 2007 at 1:40pm Reply

• Dusan: A well-deserved accolade, my dear Vika!
    Hugs February 20, 2007 at 1:47pm Reply

• Dusan: Oh, and I’m with Robin on the celebratory banquet! 🙂
    What specialties are you going to cook for us? February 20, 2007 at 1:57pm Reply

• Dusan: Oh, and I’m with Robin on the celebratory banquet! 🙂

• Judith: Congratulations! The award is richly deserved! I hope you celebrate with–some perfume (why not)! February 20, 2007 at 2:00pm Reply

• Dusan: No special requests 🙂 Anything you cook will be a true delight, a veritable feast for all the senses! On the other hand, I would love to contribute with my (version of) Sacher Cake 😉 February 20, 2007 at 2:12pm Reply

• chayaruchama: Kudos to you, Vika !
    You always share what you know with us all.
    Feel appreciated and esteemed ! February 20, 2007 at 2:39pm Reply

• chayaruchama: Kudos to you, Vika !
    You always share what you know with us all.
    Feel appreciated and esteemed ! February 20, 2007 at 2:39pm Reply

• evilpeony: Congratulations, V! February 20, 2007 at 4:10pm Reply

• tmp00: Congratulations! Very much deserved! February 20, 2007 at 12:03pm Reply

• minette: Congratulations on your award! You’re one of my top bloggerss, too! February 20, 2007 at 5:04pm Reply

• minette: Congratulations on your award! You’re one of my top bloggers, too! February 20, 2007 at 5:05pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Tom, thank you and congratulations to you, as part of Fabulous Marina team! 🙂 February 20, 2007 at 12:55pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: R, I agree. Whatever I say about Guerlain and their reformulations, they are still special.

Robin deserves this award very much! She is amazing and very hardworking. February 20, 2007 at 1:00pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: R, you are very sweet! Thank you very much! February 20, 2007 at 1:12pm Reply

• Marina: Congratulations, Dear V. You are forever an inspiration! February 20, 2007 at 1:46pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Madelyn, thank you! 🙂 February 20, 2007 at 1:50pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Elle, thank you! Overall, I enjoyed the awards. Many fragrances selected this year reflected my tastes. 🙂 February 20, 2007 at 1:53pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Elle, thank you! Overall, I enjoyed the awards. Many fragrances selected this year reflected my tastes. 🙂 February 20, 2007 at 1:54pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: S, thank you! I appreciate your kind words. February 20, 2007 at 1:58pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: R, congratulations to you too (again)! 🙂 I would indeed, with pleasure. February 20, 2007 at 1:59pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: M, a round of applause for you and Robin! 🙂 February 20, 2007 at 2:02pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Dusan, thank you for your kind words and your constant support! Spasibo! February 20, 2007 at 2:04pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Dusan, will there be special requests? 🙂 If the guests are arriving from far away places, it will be a feast. February 20, 2007 at 2:05pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Judith, thank you very much! I recently got a bottle of Cuir de Russie EDT in the new packaging as well as 31, rue Cambon. That is a great way to celebrate. 🙂 February 20, 2007 at 2:06pm Reply

• newproducts: A late congratulations to you, V! I love your blog! February 20, 2007 at 7:31pm Reply

• Marsi: Congrats to my favorite blogger of all time! Somebody needs to get you a book deal. February 20, 2007 at 7:33pm Reply

• Karthik: Victoria,
    Congratulations on the Silver award. I’m certain a gold awaits not far in the future.
    Regards,
    Karthik. February 20, 2007 at 8:37pm Reply

• Katie: Cheers, Victoria! It’s a very well-deserved honor 🙂 February 20, 2007 at 3:49pm Reply

• March: A late congratulations, Victoria — you are the source of inspiration and interesting information, as well as the cause of the occasional unsniffed purchase 😉 February 20, 2007 at 9:12pm Reply

• k-amber: congratulation on your winning the award. I understand how demanding to maintain great blogs. Simply you are the best!!

Kaori February 20, 2007 at 8:04pm Reply

• Anya: The award is extra-special knowing how busy your life has been for the past year – you are doing wonderfully well with juggling it all, V. Congratulations. February 20, 2007 at 9:15pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Dusan, perfect! Sacher torte is among my favourite desserts! February 20, 2007 at 10:37pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Chaya, thank you for your kind words! I feel very loved and appreciated indeed. 🙂 February 20, 2007 at 10:38pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Katie, thank you! February 20, 2007 at 10:39pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Evilpeony, thank you very much! February 20, 2007 at 10:39pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Minette, thank you! I am so glad to hear this. February 20, 2007 at 10:41pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: N, thank you very much! February 20, 2007 at 10:41pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Marsi, everything will come whenever the time is right! 🙂 February 20, 2007 at 10:43pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Kaori, thank you very much. It is a pleasure to have such wonderful readers! February 20, 2007 at 10:45pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Karthik, thank you! 🙂 February 20, 2007 at 10:46pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Karthik, thank you! 🙂 February 20, 2007 at 10:46pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: March, thank you! And you are always a source of delight! February 20, 2007 at 10:47pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Anya, I am trying to! It has definitely been a hectic and busy time. Thank you for your kind words. February 20, 2007 at 10:48pm Reply

• Ina: You more than deserved it, Vika! Congrats! 😀 February 20, 2007 at 11:43pm Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Inochka, spasibo! 🙂 It means a lot coming from you. February 20, 2007 at 11:49pm Reply

• Patty: Congrats, V, truly well deserving! I’ve spent many happy hours here reading your reviews over the past couple of years! February 21, 2007 at 12:44am Reply

• BoisdeJasmin: Patty, thank you! I am so glad to hear this. 🙂 I can only say the same thing. You and March are my constant source of delight. February 21, 2007 at 6:03pm Reply

• portlandia: Sweet wins for all three bloggers! Cream rises, for sure. I read all of you devotedly, and for good reason. Congratulations! February 22, 2007 at 10:34pm Reply

• Camilla in What is a Rushnyk?: I thoroughly enjoyed reading your article. I always like how you combine personal stories and broader themes. The same reason I really liked your book. I wish I could buy… June 14, 2024 at 10:10am

• Tourmaline in One Summer Day in Our Ukrainian Village: Dear Marianne, Thank you for your lovely reply. I do try to be cheerful, and your comment leads me to think that you must have enjoyed and remembered some of… June 13, 2024 at 11:59pm

• Marianne in One Summer Day in Our Ukrainian Village: Hello Tourmaline, it’s lovely to be in contact with you again. I’m sorry to read of your health difficulties, while at the same time smile at your strength and good… June 13, 2024 at 11:12pm

• Marianne in One Summer Day in Our Ukrainian Village: Thank you Victoria. On re-reading, I’ll clarify that there is no beauty in war. My intention was to communicate ‘bring forth the beauty, and now the tragedy due to war,… June 13, 2024 at 11:07pm