Hermes Le Bain : New Bath and Skincare Line

The house of Hermès is presenting its new bath & body line this month, Le Bain. A collection of shower gels, shampoos, lotions, and soaps is based on the existing fragrances developed by the in-house perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena and is richly scented.

hermes3

Collection Colognes

Shower gels for body and hair are available in Eau de Gentiane Blanche, Eau de Narcisse Bleu, Eau d’Orange Verte, and Eau de Mandarine Ambrée (200ml, 32€).

Liquid soap in Eau de Gentiane Blanche, Eau de Narcisse Bleu, Eau d’Orange Verte, and Eau de Mandarine Ambrée (300ml, 44€).

Moisturizing balm for face and body (200ml, 59€).

Collections Parfums-Jardins

Shower gels scented with Un Jardin en Méditerranée, Un Jardin sur le Nil, Un Jardin Après la Mousson, Un Jardin sur le Toit (200ml, 39€).

Moisturizing lotions scented with Un Jardin en MéditerranéeUn Jardin Après la Mousson, Un Jardin sur le Toit (200ml, 46€).

Collection Colognes & Parfums-Jardins

A set of 3 soaps (100g each), 48€.

• James: Want! Especially Un Jardin en Mediterrane shampoo and lotion. May 20, 2014 at 8:37am Reply

• Victoria: It does sound good, doesn’t it? May 20, 2014 at 9:51am Reply

• ChristinaTB: I love moisturizing lotions and soaps von Hermes! May 20, 2014 at 9:06am Reply

• Victoria: Still haven’t tried them, but I look forward to. May 20, 2014 at 9:51am Reply

• Leah: This feels like destiny – it’s my birthday today and I received a gift certificate for Hermes 🙂 I have been wearing Sur Le Nil almost daily, so I am very tempted to try it! May 20, 2014 at 9:14am Reply

• Victoria: Oh, sounds like it, Leah! Which product is tempting you the most, the lotion or the shower gel? May 20, 2014 at 9:52am Reply

• The Perfumed Veil: This is exciting for Hermes’ lovers (which I am not). I wish other brands would do the same thing. I love Yves Rocher’s bath products but they don’t make my favorite Rose Absolute anymore. May 20, 2014 at 10:40am Reply

• Victoria: That was one of their best perfumes, and the quality was exceptional for its low price point. Maybe, in the end, it just wasn’t profitable. May 20, 2014 at 12:49pm Reply

• The Perfumed Veil: Exactly. I wrote to them and that is exactly what they said. You are so right, the quality was exceptional for the price, especially when you see what is selling today on ebay. A mini that used to cost $5 is now triple and quadruple that! I have found a large bottle for an awesome price and keep looking to buy up more. May 20, 2014 at 3:35pm Reply

• Victoria: The closest thing to it is Lancome’s Mille et Une Rose, and even that is not as lush and doesn’t have the delicious gourmand touch! May 20, 2014 at 4:43pm Reply

• Cornelia Blimber: I wish other brands made bath oils, like Lutens in the past. I am not an Hermès (Ellena) lover either. I would rather crave Calèche bath oil or Amazone body cream. May 20, 2014 at 10:51am Reply

• Victoria: I especially enjoy bath oils, but the shower gels and lotions don’t tempt me enough. I’m eager to try any good scented soaps, though. May 20, 2014 at 12:50pm Reply

• Jillie: Aaaaah – Caleche and Amazone ….. how do you find the reformulations, Cornelia? May 20, 2014 at 1:12pm Reply

• Cornelia Blimber: Hi Jillie!
        Somewhat thinner, but still exciting and better than most of the new launches! Calèche is one of my very favourites. May 20, 2014 at 2:24pm Reply

• Bela: I doubt this will ever happen: Serge Lutens has repeatedly said he was against ancillary products. Those oils weren’t really meant to be used in the bath. They weren’t highly scented, and didn’t sell well anyway. May 20, 2014 at 1:55pm Reply

• Cornelia Blimber: Yes, i know! I say bath oils to explain what I mean; I use all oils directly on the skin. May 20, 2014 at 2:26pm Reply

• Victoria: That’s what I read too. As much I love the idea of La Myrrhe body cream, I like that the collection just focuses on perfume. But a couple of drops of La Myrrhe in the bath water is my once in a while treat. No other special product is needed to scent the bath beautifully. May 20, 2014 at 5:39pm Reply

• Cornelia Blimber: I don’t like a scented bath, but dabbing oil on your wrist is so sensual, and the perfume is more intensive. I wish I could do this with Ambre Sultan! May 21, 2014 at 4:04am Reply

• Victoria: True, it’s a wonderful experience. I sometimes mix almond oil with rosewater for a quick lotion and use that instead of my usual moisturizer. It works so well. May 21, 2014 at 2:35pm Reply

• Amer: I’d definitely use everything Gentiane Blanche scented if only it made more sense from a financial point of view. I am under the impression that the actual cologne is cheaper than the liquid soap if you take into account the way both products are used. May 20, 2014 at 11:13am Reply

• Victoria: It makes sense to me. In a pinch, you can also just mix some perfume into the regular unscented lotion, and the effect will be similar. Of course, I’m sure that their products are really well-made. May 20, 2014 at 4:39pm Reply

• Lynley: Is there a sur le nil lotion too Victoria? I have the Eau des Merveille shower gel and body cream and orange vert shower gel. I love body products but I don’t find them as lush or long lasting as say Amouage or Acqua di Parma (who make the most wonderful Irus Nobile shower cream and dry body oil!) May 20, 2014 at 11:40am Reply

• Victoria: The brochure didn’t list it, so maybe, it’s not part of the collection for now?
      You make me want to try the iris scented dry body oil! I have only the Eau de Parfum, and it’s fantastic. May 20, 2014 at 4:40pm Reply

• Lynley: I love dry oils and it’s probably my favourite. I also have the edp but I find on really warm days the body products are all I need and last all day. If you do chance upon it I think you’ll love it V 🙂 May 20, 2014 at 11:05pm Reply

• Victoria: Thank you! You’ve tempted me very much with that description. 🙂 May 21, 2014 at 2:33pm Reply

• Hana: In Germany you can already buy “Un Jardin sur le nil”-Lotion and Shower Gel. They have been around for some time, maybe that is why they are not listed in the catalogue… May 22, 2014 at 3:18am Reply

• Merlin: I wonder if these bottles are in the same kind of glass as the perfumes/colognes are. They do look really beautiful! I do like nice soap and good body products but I don’t play in this league:)

Odd perhaps, given the ease with which I will buy a good perfume. May 20, 2014 at 7:16pm Reply

• Victoria: I also wouldn’t think that 39 euros is too much for a bottle of perfume, but when it comes to spending it on a bottle of shower gel, I’d be hesitant. On the other hand, if these are going to be like other Hermes products, then they will be very tempting. May 21, 2014 at 2:31pm Reply

• annemariec: This is good news. I’ve often thought that Hermes’ approach to bath and body products is a bit random. Like you, I’m keener on the soaps than the gels.

Hardly any fragrance houses bother with bath oil any more. I wonder if it is because with so many people living in small inner urban apartments, fewer and fewer people own baths? Anyway, there is always good ol’ Youth Dew bath oil, my winter stress buster. And Chanel does one I think, for No. 5. May 20, 2014 at 7:29pm Reply

• Victoria: I wonder too! Jo Malone has a nice collection of bath oils, and yes, Chanel No 5 bath oil is excellent. L’Artisan does oils too, but I don’t know if they’re specifically bath oils. I’ve used them as such, though. May 21, 2014 at 2:32pm Reply

• scentfromabove: I love a good, scented shower gel. Can’t wait to try these out. May 20, 2014 at 8:16pm Reply

• Victoria: I’m looking forward to trying them too. May 21, 2014 at 2:32pm Reply

• Mj: Sur le Nil is a favorite summer fragrance. Is it available in the moisturizer? May 20, 2014 at 11:16pm Reply

• Victoria: I don’t think so, but maybe, there is one accompanying the perfume already? If I find out, I’ll update the post. May 21, 2014 at 2:33pm Reply

• Hana: I already replyed above: “Un jardin sur le nil”-Lotion and Shower Gel already exist. At least in Germany they are widely available, so it should be possible to find them in the US. May 22, 2014 at 3:21am Reply

• Victoria: Thank you so much, Hana! I thought I saw it rang a bell. May 22, 2014 at 4:45pm Reply

• nemo: The way they have them arranged in the picture, I am tempted to buy one of each color and how can they not smell absolutely amazing? Of course, at that point I wouldn’t have a bathroom to display them in (having sold my home to buy everything). May 20, 2014 at 11:27pm Reply

• Victoria: 🙂 That would be my concern. Anyway, I might start by smelling the soaps and go from there. The picture does look tempting, though. May 21, 2014 at 2:34pm Reply

• Sandra: I am interested in the soaps! May 21, 2014 at 7:06am Reply

• Victoria: That’s what tempts me the most. May 21, 2014 at 2:35pm Reply

• Ola: It is really a good idea, because working for Goutal, I noticed that clients ask for this kind of range extension. Body Lotions and shower gels allow to raise the power of fragrance, and the odour stays longer. Or some clients like to do “layering”: instead of use two different perfumes, they use a cream of one perfume with eau de parfum/toilette of another fragarnce – a kind of personnalisation of perfume. June 3, 2014 at 6:34am Reply

• Victoria: That does seem like a great idea, especially if the products are well-crafted and match the perfumes well. And as I mentioned above, I’m always ready to try a new scented soap. 🙂 June 3, 2014 at 3:10pm Reply

• Sylvia in On the Spice Route: Less sweet and mire subtle sounds good. Thank you Klaas! January 26, 2020 at 5:07pm

• Sylvia in On the Spice Route: That sounds interesting Gelia. Thank you for your reply! January 26, 2020 at 5:04pm

• Lily in On the Spice Route: I am so glad you still enjoy it!!! Of all my “fall/winter” scents it is the MOST cold-season, I just really cannot wear it without a nip in the air.… January 26, 2020 at 9:05am

• Christine Funt in Postcard from Bulgaria : Ice: Thank you for sharing this beautiful image–one to meditate on. January 25, 2020 at 2:41pm