A Travel Tip

The Paris Review ran an interesting article called A Travel Tip, in which the columnist Sadie Stein recommends marking each vacation with a new scent. I thought that the idea was charming.

goa1

“So I recommended wearing a new perfume when one goes on a trip. I’m not advocating for the purchase of an expensive bottle every time you go to a cousin’s wedding. But for me, the act of dignifying a journey with its own scent can be enough to elevate a humble getaway to vacation status. It’s nice to find something that has a connection to wherever you are, but the actual perfume is secondary. The point is to create a sense memory for the experience that has, for you, no precedent. I’ve worn the same perfume since my twenty-third birthday, when I treated myself to my first bottle of [Frédéric Malle] En Passant, but from the moment I get in the cab to the airport, I like to wear something different, unfamiliar.” To read the rest, please click here.

What perfumes are you going to make for your summer vacation? And if you took a break already, what was your most worn perfume?

• rosarita: Ah well, no vacation for us this year, we’re doing a few home improvements instead which only waft the scent of paint, but I agree with the idea of a new perfume to mark a vacation and make it last. July 30, 2014 at 7:13am Reply

• Victoria: Congratulations on the renovations! And the smell of paint is not so bad at all. 🙂 July 30, 2014 at 7:00pm Reply

• lupo: Thanks for the post Victoria. I actually do buy a new perfume when I travel, and after all – how can one resist the temptation of duty free perfume counters? 🙂 Places I visited have a clear olfactive memory: it’s L’Instant de Guerlain in Paris, Acqua di Parma in Spain, Castile Penhaligon on a long road trip from London to Malaga… and many others. Last one – Gucci pour Homme II (the black tea one) to Istanbul, a perfect fit! July 30, 2014 at 7:44am Reply

• Victoria: You have really marked your vacations. I love this. July 30, 2014 at 7:00pm Reply

• Claire: I’m not going on holiday this year, but I’m really enjoying Eau d’Hadrien on a very muggy day in Germany. I love the very fresh smell and it seems to cut through the humidity very nicely. July 30, 2014 at 8:36am Reply

• Victoria: It really is great on sticky, humid days. Another Goutal I like is Eau du Sud, but it has some cumin, which many people don’t like. July 30, 2014 at 7:01pm Reply

• Karen: This post reminded me of Andy Warhol’s “Permanent Smell Collection,” which you wrote about a couple of years ago, Victoria. I like this idea a lot.

I buy fragrances when I’m traveling to or living in different countries, and invariably, these scents become linked with those countries. After I leave – and in an instant – I can be transported to those happy times/places anytime!

Coco Mademoiselle and a number of Hermes fragrances will always remind me of my two years in India; Agnes B perfume makes me think of Buenos Aires (though I bought the fragrance in Paris); Eau de Gingembre takes me back to Porto, Portugal; and this summer, I’ve been using a sample of Victoria’s Secret Drenched in Pink hand lotion, which smells exactly like Dolce & Gabbana’s Light Blue, a fragrance that reminds me of the nine months I spent in Iraq.

Although words and pictures can also take me back to these places, I find that scent accomplishes this more immediately and more powerfully~ July 30, 2014 at 9:17am Reply

• Victoria: Oh, yes, I now recall that post too! It’s a similar idea, and you’re right, scent evokes memories like few other things. I love your stories too. July 30, 2014 at 7:04pm Reply

• Sandra: I have had so many special occasions this year!
    My henna ceremony I wore 1932, rehearsal dinner Coco Mademoiselle, wedding I was hoping to wear Nahema , but I am pregnant and my noise changed so I wore Beige.
    Honeymoon in the Grenadines and St Lucia I wore eau de cologne.
    I guess it’s been a Chanel summer for me! July 30, 2014 at 9:18am Reply

• Victoria: You have really created a wonderful collection of scent memories, Sandra! Congratulations again. July 30, 2014 at 7:05pm Reply

• Margir: Like Lupo I have started treating myself to a bottle of scent as a souvenir of my travels. This is especially true of trips to Paris. Then when I wear the scent at home I am transported back to magical places and experiences. July 30, 2014 at 9:21am Reply

• Victoria: I tried to wear a particular fragrance on some of my trips. But the best scent association is between Caron’s Tabac Blond and Paris, probably because I discovered the perfume on that trip. July 30, 2014 at 7:06pm Reply

• Sarah: I went to Spain for the first time in May and bought a bunch of samples for the trip with this intention in mind. The one that I became my “signature” scent was L’Artisan Seville a L’Aube (for obvious reasons – I was in Seville!). When I returned to the states, I ended up meeting a Spanish man and now we are dating! Every time I wear that scent with him, I feel like I am back there again. And he loves it, so that is a plus! 🙂 July 30, 2014 at 9:51am Reply

• Victoria: What a wonderful story, Sarah! 🙂 And it’s one seductive perfume, for sure. July 30, 2014 at 7:12pm Reply

• Anne of Green Gables: I love the idea in theory but I usually avoid wearing perfumes when I’m on vacation. I think that going perfume-free helps me to be more aware of “local smells”. Unless it’s a light cologne (with minimal application), I’m also cautious of wearing perfumes during long-haul flights.

I started buying tablewares as souvenirs when I’m travelling. They’re not as evocative as scents but when I use them, they also bring back nice memories of the places I visited.

The first paragraph of the article was hilarious and I was happy to see Anne Shirley being mentioned. 🙂 July 30, 2014 at 9:55am Reply

• Victoria: Glad that you weren’t the only one. I also found it funny.

I usually buy some sort of food item to bring back; that’s a must for me. July 30, 2014 at 7:13pm Reply

• briony: We’re driving down to south-west France in a few weeks time. We’ve been to France many times before but never down the west coast so it’ll be a new experience and I can’t wait. I fancy wearing one of the Divine scents and making that my SW France signature fragrance. July 30, 2014 at 9:58am Reply

• Victoria: Oh, I can just imagine what a terrific trip you will have, Briony! Enjoy it all. I’m sure you will make lots of scented and gourmet discoveries along the way. July 30, 2014 at 7:14pm Reply

• Ashley Anstaett: I haven’t ever intentionally worn particular smells in particular places, but I think it’s a great idea. And even though I have never done it on purpose, there are some perfumes that distinctly remind me of certain places. When I studied in England, I wore La Chasse Aux Papillon, and in particular I wore it on my 21st birthday, which I celebrated there. Juliette Has A Gun Miss Charming always reminds me of spending long days in my friend Cara’s apartment in Paris drinking almond tea and eating leftover crepes. I also wore Miss Charming in Dubai and it reminds me strongly of the beach and the heat. I think this is such a great idea and for my next vacation I am going to find a scent to go with me! July 30, 2014 at 10:09am Reply

• Victoria: All of these vignettes associated with scents are so charming, Ashley! July 30, 2014 at 7:17pm Reply

• Tijana: I am so happy someone justifies my habit! 🙂

I actually do this pretty much all the time so each scent reminds me of a different destination. Even after I stop using a certain fragrance, I keep a smallest size bottle or decant in my scent library to sniff when I want to recall my vacation memories…

This year I went to Vegas and while I do have my “Vegas scent” from a several years ago when I renewed my wedding wows (Prada L’Eau Ambree), this time I opted for Coco Mademoiselle body oil, because I read your review on it Victoria just before my trip, and because it can’t actually be purchased in Canada. Even though CM is not a new fragrance, it is new to me, so I also bought a bottle of extrait when I returned to Canada. I don’t know if I will always use it (I like it a lot, but it is not a spellbinding love), but I will always have a small bottle/decant of it to remind me of this year’s trip to Vegas.
    I am planning a trip to Europe this year, likely in the fall, so I am contemplating what my next vacation fragrance should be… As I am going to a place where I won’t have lots of fragrance stores, I will likely either pick up something here, but not use until I am in Europe, or maybe at the duty free… I am eager for a new Chanel exclusive, but I doubt there is a new release planned for fall (unless you are aware of something I am not… ;-)). So far, I am contemplating TF Velvet Orchid or Kilian’s Sweet rRdemption – let me know what you think 🙂 July 30, 2014 at 10:13am Reply

• Victoria: I don’t think that a new Chanel Exclusive will released then, but there might be a new Lutens!

Coco Mademoiselle body oil is a wonderful product, and I much prefer the scent to that of the edt/edp. It seems softer, but it still has lots of smolder and allure. July 30, 2014 at 7:20pm Reply

• Tijana: Nice! Well, maybe then I will wait for the new Lutens. Plus, I have yet to try the new Amouage, I heard it is lovely! Thanks Victoria! 🙂 July 31, 2014 at 9:12am Reply

• Ingeborg: I usually buy perfume when abroad, either something not easily available here or something I can get cheaper than here (for example French mainstream perfume when in France). So I have a lot of bottle reminding me of happy holidays. When I travel I mainly let season, temperature and humidity and type of holiday influence what I bring. Usually it will be one bottle or several larger decants plus some samples. Samples will often be heavier floral perfumes which I seldom use during daytime, at least not at work. This year I went away for less than a week, just to visit Family and I brought last year’s summer bottle (Korres White Tea and Freesia) and a rather new bottle of Week-End from Parfums Nicolaï. July 30, 2014 at 10:38am Reply

• Ingeborg: Slip of the pen (or failing memory in a very warm summer) the Korres scent is called White Tea Bergamot Freesia. July 30, 2014 at 10:47am Reply

• Victoria: I haven’t tried that Korres, but since I love white tea, I’m curious about it. July 30, 2014 at 7:23pm Reply

• Victoria: I also bring samples and decants on my trips, bit I find myself wary of experimenting with something totally new. What if it doesn’t work and I’m stuck with an unpleasant perfume during an excursion? But it’s fun to return to the hotel and take a bath and then put on some fragrance. July 30, 2014 at 7:21pm Reply

• Nikki: Absolutely! I just bought a bottle of Paris for my mother with whom I will be spending fall in Paris. I am not sure which one I will wear.

These are some I used for travels: Roma by Biagotti or any Italian fragrance for Italy, only French for the French, like Creed’s Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie for Paris, amber and musk for Marocco, blue Lotus for Egypt, Clarins Eau Dynamisante for South Africa, Teatro alla Scala for Chicago, Hove and florals for New Orleans, Scherrrer for the Caribbean, Sandalwood for Fidji.

On the other hand, there are fragrances I can’t smell anymore because they have a negative memory. I also don’t use Clarins anymore because it puts me right back in a train stuck in snow and ice during a summer in SA.

Shalimar may be the one for Paris, the extrait. So far I have not grown tired of it while Paris by YSL is too tiring to wear a lot. I love the Kurkdijan line and Amyris is supposed to be made for the Parisian…

Lovely topic, V! Thank you! July 30, 2014 at 10:48am Reply

• Victoria: Thank you for sharing these stories, Nikki! July 30, 2014 at 7:24pm Reply

• Andy: This is a topic I’ve thought a lot about. On one hand, I’ve gone on trips with no perfume, and been able to justify it in the same way Anne has above. No perfume means that rather than carrying a scent cloud around me, I’m more in tune to the smells of the place I’m visiting.

I’ve also gone on trips with perfume, limiting myself to minis and samples. As the article suggests, it does allow me to remember a trip when I smell the perfumes again. On a recent trip to Germany and the Czech Republic, I brought a Rose Anonyme mini along, and that scent will forever be tied to my captivating memories of Prague, I think.

Either way, my trips are still just as enjoyable, so I can’t say I prefer either way of traveling. The only point from the article I do think is unimportant is the idea that one need have a new scent for a new destination (though it is fun). Even if I’m just bringing a mere sample, I don’t think the scent needs to be unfamiliar to truly capture the memories and feelings of the trip. July 30, 2014 at 11:01am Reply

• Victoria: True, it doesn’t have to follow any certain rules. It simply needs to be a perfume that pleases me. At least, that’s how I look at it. July 30, 2014 at 7:25pm Reply

• Karen 5.0: I enjoyed this post! It reminded me of Andy Warhol’s “Permanent Smell Collection,” which I think you wrote about a couple of years ago, Victoria.

Perfumes take me immediately and powerfully back to the times/places I lived in when I wore them. For example:

Coco Mademoiselle and a number of Hermes fragrances = India;
    Agnes B’s Le B = Buenos Aires;
    L’Interdit = Chicago;
    Chanel Beige = NYC;
    Roget & Gallet’s Eau de Gigembre – Porto, Portugal;
    Lovely = Washington, D.C.; and maybe the oddest of them all – Dolce & Gabbana’s Light Blue = Iraq, which comes back to mind as I use a sample of Victoria Secret’s PINK hand lotion this summer!

Words and pictures are wonderful ways to be instantly transported to places, but I vote for scent~ July 30, 2014 at 11:02am Reply

• Victoria: How great that someone remembers Agnes B’s Le B! I really used to like it. July 30, 2014 at 7:25pm Reply

• Karen 5.0: I loved Le B! I have fond memories of buying it from the Agnes B shop when I was in Paris with a dear friend in 1995 – so many memories rolled into one! I used it sparingly and was able to bring it with me when I relocated to Buenos Aires the following year~

I forgot to include in my previous post these fragrance/city connections of mine:

Shanghai – Guerlain Idylle Jasmin-Lilas;
        Berlin – Acqua Allegoria Pamplelune; and
        Warsaw/Krakow – Tocca’s Colette (still using this one this summer and loving it). July 31, 2014 at 11:47am Reply

• Victoria: Oh, fun! For me Warsaw/Krakow smell like Pamplelune, because I got a sample of it at one of the beauty stores there. It didn’t really work well on me, but I remember trying to give it a fair chance. July 31, 2014 at 6:58pm Reply

• Karen 5.0: Yes, I think Pamplelune is definitely an acquired “taste” that many never acquire 🙂 It has a cat pee/civet (funny, your post today talks about this!) essence that can be unpleasant. In fact, I couldn’t wear this fragrance every day – some days even I couldn’t tolerate it, but then other days, it smelled great. Strange, mysterious! August 2, 2014 at 10:55am Reply

• Eric: In maybe 2009?, I went on a day trip to Dallas with a good friend. We’re from Houston, so that’s a good four-hour drive. The idea was to see a band that we enjoy that wasn’t coming to Houston and enjoy a fun day of it.

Of course, I had an ulterior motive: the Frederic Malle counter at Barneys. I had even gone scentless! I fell in like with Dans tes Bras and made friends with the brand rep, but purchased a brand new bottle of Serge Lutens’s beautiful Bas de Soie. We got some delicious dim sum and found a little book of Japanese folk tales, probably published in the 50’s. The show was great and we finally got back around 2 AM.

Now, in 2014, the friendship cooled, the Barneys closed. The dim sum place is closed. Even the band’s name changed last month (still producing excellent music; they now go by Mr. Twin Sister if indie electronic is of interest)! All I have now is that slim book and the cool scent of Bas des Soie. July 30, 2014 at 11:06am Reply

• Victoria: It’s a great story, Eric, even if bittersweet. At least, you still have the perfumes. July 30, 2014 at 7:28pm Reply

• solanace: Love this picture, fiery moons are among the most beautiful things in the world.
    I usually take 3 or 4 little decants of perfume when I travel, including a cologne, a rose, Shalimar or some (real) Lutens and maybe something very sweet, or a chypre. However, choosing a single perfume for each trip makes a lot of sense, not for space or leaking concerns, which are too mundane for a perfumista, lol, but because of the memory evoking properties of perfume, which the author so finely highlited in her article. Great idea, I´ll try it. July 30, 2014 at 11:16am Reply

• Victoria: It is so calming, and I have this photo as my screen saver. 🙂

I will try to select a single perfume for my next trip! Now, I’m inspired. July 30, 2014 at 7:29pm Reply

• solanace: Very calming indeed. And the big, empty beach looks so familiar. 🙂 Is it the Moon, or the Sun? July 31, 2014 at 4:56am Reply

• Michaela: I vote for the Sun 🙂
          I love this picture, too. July 31, 2014 at 5:53am Reply

• Victoria: It’s the sun! And the beach is Goa, India. July 31, 2014 at 7:05pm Reply

• tamuna: This summer , though I have not been anywhere yet, really enjoyed Le perfume de Therese, it’s absolutely gorgeous . July 30, 2014 at 11:30am Reply

• Victoria: It really is! One of my favorites too. July 30, 2014 at 7:30pm Reply

• Jaime: I love the idea of associating a perfume to a vacation. I also try to connect perfume to an experience or new stage in my life. Eg, wearing my wedding day perfume on my anniversary each year, becoming a mum, etc. July 30, 2014 at 11:39am Reply

• Victoria: True, all of the big occasions have a particular perfume linked with them for me. July 30, 2014 at 7:30pm Reply

• Caro: Dear Victoria,
    When on holidays I usually buy a bottle of fragrance tht will forever make me remember the place I’m visiting.
    I try to choose something that evokes the smell or spirit of the place.
    Knize Belle Epoque was my choice in Vienna; Poussiere de Rose in Budapest; Mona di Orio Vanille in Lisbon… July 30, 2014 at 12:14pm Reply

• Victoria: I can’t imagine a better perfume for Vienna than Knize Ten! Wonderful choices, Caro. 🙂 July 30, 2014 at 7:31pm Reply

• key change: Excellent post! and I, too, am so glad that I’m not the only one who does this. In fact, I am probably looking forward to my upcoming honeymoon even more than the wedding itself because my fiancé (then husband!) and I will pick out a perfume together on the first day of our honeymoon for me to wear throughout. It’ll be my first time ever travelling sans perfume, and to be frank I’m a little terrified at the idea–terrified but also very excited! July 30, 2014 at 12:18pm Reply

• Victoria: Oh, this is so romantic! 🙂
      And congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! July 30, 2014 at 7:32pm Reply

• Cornelia Blimber: No vacation, I have to save my money. Home sweet home with the cat.
    But I always had a not too familiar perfume with me. For ex. Obsession will always remind me of Vienna.
    I had the same idea as Nikki: Italian perfume for Italy. Unfortunately, Versace Blonde was too heavy, bad choice.
    Greece : absolutely without perfume. Greece has so many beautiful fragrances, not to be disturbed by perfume!
    On the other hand, some perfumes make me think of Greece, like Carnal Flower or Fille en Aiguilles, or the thyme, origano and juniper in my ktchen cupboard. July 30, 2014 at 12:22pm Reply

• Victoria: My mom came back from Greece last month and said that it smelled amazing–of rosemary and thyme and oregano. July 30, 2014 at 7:32pm Reply

• Cornelia Blimber: Yes, and also sweet, heavy smells of big red flowers, and pine. Greece is unbelievebly fragrant. And I will never forget the smell of the fresh apricots there. July 31, 2014 at 2:54am Reply

• Jo: I took a week long visit to my sister in New Hampshire and purposely picked up Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay in the airport to wear during the trip. It wasn’t totally new for me as I’d spent time with a sample first, but the tanginess of grapefruit and blackberry stuck with me for the week pleasantly and has made a place for itself in my collection as the only ‘fruity’ scent. July 30, 2014 at 1:09pm Reply

• Victoria: It’s such a good perfume, and one of my favorite Jo Malones. July 30, 2014 at 7:33pm Reply

• Victoria: It’s such a good perfume, and one of my favorite Jo Malones. July 30, 2014 at 7:34pm Reply

• Nancy A.: Nothing new for me/ Whenever I traveled outside the US I was either testing and purchasing new fragrances and searching if not in perfume stores per se but apothecary shops to find the new and unusual. Yet, I still wanted to wear what I was comfortable on my journey to make a memory of it. July 30, 2014 at 1:19pm Reply

• Victoria: I also like testing local brands that I can’t find at home. Even if I don’t buy anything, that’s already a memorable scented experience. July 30, 2014 at 7:36pm Reply

• Rowanhill: This year I kept it simple. Eau de Rochas and Dior Escale a Portofino for Seville in May, EL Azuree Soleil, Goutal Eau d’Hadrien and Songes for Barbados in July and of course Nuxe oil. What else does a girl need. July 30, 2014 at 1:59pm Reply

• Rowanhill: Oh, and a small travel spray of Guerlain Mon Precieux Nectar was a lovely evening fragrance if Songe did not seem to fit the bill. July 30, 2014 at 2:06pm Reply

• Victoria: That’s another beauty, and coincidentally, I’m enjoying my sample this week. July 30, 2014 at 7:36pm Reply

• Rowanhill: It is simple in comparison to other Guerlains which have far more depth, development and longevity, I still regret the discontinuation of Plus Que Jamais which already was very approachable, but MPN is such a happy, carefree and sensual fragrance, how can one resist. July 31, 2014 at 5:53am Reply

• Victoria: Yes, PQJ can’t compare. I hope that they will bring it back soon. July 31, 2014 at 7:05pm Reply

• Victoria: Simple but perfect! 🙂 July 30, 2014 at 7:36pm Reply

• rainboweyes: I don’t associate scents with particular places but sometimes bring perfume as a souvenir from my trips, especially to places where niche scents are available. When going on vacation, though, I mostly take one full bottle (next week it will most probably be Osmanthe Yunnan or Lumiere Blanche for Southern Spain) and a couple of samples which I order for this purpose (this year it will be Tiziana Terenzi Arethusa, AP Haute Voltige, Nicolai Eau d’Eté). That’s how I got to love Lumiere Blanche – I will always associate it with Andalusia. July 30, 2014 at 2:53pm Reply

• Victoria: I find that while at home these Hermessences are something too light, when I try they are just right–they give a boost, but they don’t overwhelm the senses when I explore a new place. July 30, 2014 at 7:37pm Reply

• Mare: We went to Italy earlier this summer. We flew out of JFK in NYC, and had a 5 hour layover. I picked up a bottle of Chanel No. 19 EDT at the duty free in the airport. I wore it throughout our trip. It was so hot in Rome, it was the perfect little pick me up/cooling scent.

Later, when we went on to Venice, I purchased Santa Maria Novella Marescialla.

These two fragrances remind me of both these lovely cities. July 30, 2014 at 3:40pm Reply

• Victoria: Italy is one of my top favorite places to visit! Sounds like you enjoyed your trip and the scents you’ve picked are beautiful. July 30, 2014 at 7:38pm Reply

• Patricia: Rose perfumes will always remind me of Cape Cod and the many rose samples I brought with me to test for my first article for BdJ. Bobbi Brown Beach is Bermuda in a bottle.

And I will always associate Lutens La Fille de Berlin and my bottle of Boxeuses with Paris and the Palais Royale Lutens store where I bought them last September.

The loud and cheerful Vengeance Extreme by Juliette Has a Gun was bought in the equally loud and cheerful South Beach in Miami, Florida. Good times! July 30, 2014 at 5:33pm Reply

• Victoria: I remember that article, Pat! And I remember how you’ve inspired me that summer to revisit various rose perfumes. 🙂 July 30, 2014 at 7:39pm Reply

• Hannah: I spent January 2013 in Berlin, and I brought Wonderwood for day and Black Cashmere for night. Now Black Cashmere is evocative of those evenings for me.
    When I went to Berlin in October 2013, I ended up with a bottle of Muscs Koublai Khan. July 30, 2014 at 7:56pm Reply

• Alicia: Regards from Buenos Aires.
    When I travel i mostly consider the season, the climate and the type of place. Here it is Winter, and in the city I am wearing Bulgary Black, and a bit of Ysatis. In the northern hills lást week I wore Feminite du Bois. Next week In Montevideo it will be either Chanel 5 or 31 Rue Cambon. Nothing new for me, these are all very old friends for the cold seasons. July 30, 2014 at 9:27pm Reply

• Victoria: Hello, Alicia! Hope that your trip is going well, and it’s nice to see you checking in. Sounds like a beautiful perfume soundtrack to accompany your travels! July 31, 2014 at 7:07pm Reply

• sara: I always wear Vol de Nuit when getting on a plane. I am going to Barcelona this fall and plan on trying the Carner Barcelona line when I am there. I also plan on visiting the perfume museum there too. Going to bring my decant of vintage Rumba extrait! July 31, 2014 at 9:00am Reply

• Victoria: Hope that you’ll enjoy your trip! I really enjoyed the perfume museum, and it’s right inside a perfume store, so the location is perfect. July 31, 2014 at 7:03pm Reply

• zari: I recently went to Capetown, and brought along a bottle of Samsara. It is winter there now, and it was rainy and cloudy most of the time I was there, so Samsara was a lovely scent accompanying me. July 31, 2014 at 9:43am Reply

• Victoria: Samsara is so lush and voluptuous that it works well as an antidote to gloom. July 31, 2014 at 7:00pm Reply

• Deborah: I had a girly weekend away and needed something very small and light to take on my train/backpack/bus trip to see a friend. I took a freebie of Dolce that I had been given when I was buying something very beautiful. Now when I smell it there is a delightful memory of eating ice cream and doughnuts in Portland with Joanne. And the little bottle is sweet too. August 1, 2014 at 12:50am Reply

• May: The scent of my luggage bag is enough to evoke the ambiance of a place. That is, until it is used again to visit another place… August 4, 2014 at 8:36pm Reply

• Fabiola: I love this! my husband, on our first trip (before we were married) had this habit and took me shopping for a new scent – this is a tradition for us now. I love spraying a scent and remembering a different country. August 30, 2014 at 3:54pm Reply

• Victoria: What a wonderful tradition! 🙂 August 31, 2014 at 4:26pm Reply