Serge Lutens Laine de Verre : New Perfume

Serge Lutens is launching a new fragrance in the export collection. Laine de Verre, “Glass Wool,” continues Serge Lutens’s quest for clean that he has explored in L’Eau and L’Eau Froide. The perfume is built on the accord of citrus, aldehydes, musk and Cashmeran, a unique material that oscillates between woods and musk. According to Serge Lutens, Laine de Verre is inspired by “complementary opposites.”

laine-verre

To borrow a phrase from Denyse, Laine de Verre “smells like a sweater hand-washed in Volvic” (please read her review at Grain de Musc).

Laine de Verre debuts at the Palais-Royal Shiseido in February, while the international launch will take place a month later. Via press materials, grey-magazine.com.

• Nick: I don’t know what to make of Lutens’ watery trend. December 10, 2013 at 11:41am Reply

• Victoria: Not my favorite of his collections, I admit. December 10, 2013 at 1:44pm Reply

• Ann: I didn’t like the first two and I’m nervous about aldehydes. But thanks for the news.I’ll still try it. December 10, 2013 at 11:51am Reply

• Victoria: I like L’Eau Froide, but the first L’Eau smelled like a cleaning product to me. Expensive cleaning product, but a cleaning product nonetheless. But I’ll keep my mind open for Laine de Verre. December 10, 2013 at 1:46pm Reply

• Anonymous: Lost me at Cashmeran. Wish they’d ban THAT December 10, 2013 at 12:24pm Reply

• Victoria: I love Cashmeran myself, but it all depends on how it’s used. It can give such a complex, rich effect to perfume. December 10, 2013 at 1:47pm Reply

• Claudia: I don’t care for L’eau very much on it’s own. I got the advice at my local perfumery to use it to “lighten” heavy scents by layering them with L’eau and that works wonderfully well. I also like L’eau Froide. I sampled it on a very hot day in Paris and loved the cold, chilling sensation it gave me. I literally got goosebumps even though it was over 35 degrees at the time. My husband could not believe his eyes. They are very different from his usual fragrances but have their own merits. December 11, 2013 at 2:18pm Reply

• Victoria: That’s an interesting idea, Claudia. I completely agree on L’Eau Froide. It definitely smells icy-cold when you apply it, and although right now, I don’t crave it, in the summer it’s one of my favorite “cool me down” perfumes. December 11, 2013 at 2:41pm Reply

• Maria B.: It sounds like Cristiano Fissore Cashmere for Women. December 11, 2013 at 4:22pm Reply

• Victoria: I haven’t tried it yet, but now I want to smell it. December 11, 2013 at 5:41pm Reply

• Nelly: Vika,
    Have you tried them now?
    What’s your opinion now?
    Это Нелли, помнишь ГК? :) March 2, 2014 at 8:50pm Reply

• Victoria: Nelly, probuju sejchas! Skoro napishu. :) March 3, 2014 at 6:42am Reply

• Nelly: OK. I’m waiting. March 4, 2014 at 1:06pm Reply

• angeldiva in Looking for Lost Perfumes  : Lupo, It was my great pleasure! But, in all fairness -I didn’t find your Kenzo-Air. But, as it says in the bible: Seek (your rare perfume) and you will find.… October 22, 2014 at 2:20am

• angeldiva in Looking for Lost Perfumes  : Jennifer, Great story!!! P. October 22, 2014 at 2:16am

• Annette Reynolds in Looking for Lost Perfumes  : I don’t remember “Mountain Greenery” but I do remember loving a lot of those Yardley scents that came out in the late 60’s/early 70’s. Do you recall the Lipslicks? Very… October 22, 2014 at 1:29am

• JennyJo in Looking for Lost Perfumes  : Oh, Le Dix! I stil have one (small) still sealed bottle and a half-finished one. And then… :-( My vintage Arpege extrait has sadly turned and I’m afraid of buying… October 22, 2014 at 1:27am

© Copyright 2005-2014 Bois de Jasmin. All rights reserved.